46.6 million Americans or nearly 1 in 5 adults live with a mental health condition.
Less than 50% of youth and adults with mental health conditions receive treatment.
50% of lifetime cases of mental health conditions begin by age 14, 75% by age 24, yet there are long delays between the onset of symptoms and intervention (NIMH).
The Foundation’s programs, partnership initiatives, and fellowships address this gap in care by focusing on the most pressing mental health crises, supporting the profession of psychiatry, and fostering community awareness. We need your help to extend and sustain our impact.
There are many ways to give to our annual fund or a specific program, fellowship, grant or award:
- Donate securely online
- Donate by MOBILE PHONE: TEXT APAF2019 TO #44321
- Donate by MAIL: 800 Maine Ave, S.W., Suite 900, Washington, D.C. 20024.
- Adopt a Book to support the preservation of the Melvin Sabshin M.D. Library and Archives Collection
- Make a legacy donation as a bequest, or gift of stock.
- Designate the Foundation in workplace contribution programs
- Combined Federal Campaign, #11225 (federal employees only)
- United Way
- America's Charities
- Shop online at smile.Amazon.com and 0.5% of your purchase is donated back to the Foundation.
Questions? Please email us
or call (202) 559 3888