Long held in storage, the Melvin Sabshin, M.D. Library & Archives is an important collection of rare books and artifacts dating from the 1400s to early 1900s, photographs, and oral histories documenting the history of psychiatry and the APA. It recently found a beautiful, permanent home in the APA's new headquarters, with an environmentally-controlled space to maintain the collection for future generations and a long-awaited opportunity to share it with APA members and the world. Read more in Psych News.
For more information, or to schedule a visit, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To support the Library's preservation, acquisition and digitization efforts, you can adopt a book, or donate here.
Your Funding Support Impacts:
- Preservation of the collection
- Conservation of works in need of repair
- Digitization of works to increase access and safeguard their future
- Expansion of online materials and resources
- Maintenance and operation of the space
- Acquisition of notable artifacts, documents and rare books important to the history of psychiatry and the APA