We invite you to join us in protecting psychiatry's valuable artifacts in the Melvin Sabshin, M.D. Library and Archives by participating in our exciting new adopt-a-book program.
Visit the Online Store >
Secure your choice from a limited release of options ranging from $200 to $5,000. Highlights include a leaf from the Gutenberg Bible dating back to 1450 and an extensive 16th- to 18th-century collection on witchcraft, as well as themes such as institutional and patient care, early treatments, historical publications and advocacy. Donors will be recognized below, in the APA Foundation's annual donor honor roll in Psychiatric News, the Annual Report, on signage at APA events, and in other communications.
Your tax-deductible, adopt-a-book program support benefits:
Adoptions last for five years and include an adoption certificate sent in the mail. Whether making an adoption for yourself, or in honor or memory of someone else, your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Preservation of the collection, including conservation work on objects in need of repair
- Digitization of materials to greatly increase accessibility of the collection
- Expansion of materials and resources on-line
- Maintenance of the space to provide APA members and others with an exclusive opportunity to view these objects in person
- Acquiring notable artifacts, documents and rare books
Melvin Sabshin, M.D. Library & Archives Benefactors:
For those wishing to make a more lasting impact, we welcome you to become one of our Melvin Sabshin, M.D. Library & Archives Benefactors, who will receive recognition in the library space as well as in printed materials and online. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss making a leadership gift to champion this important initiative.