We invite you to join us in protecting psychiatry's valuable artifacts in the Melvin Sabshin, M.D. Library and Archives by participating in our exciting new adopt-a-book program.
Adoption Request Form >
Choose from the below options ranging from $200 - $5,000 and works such as a leaf from the Gutenberg Bible from 1450 or within themes such as early medical writings from 1500s - 1600s, witchcraft, or key figures in early or modern psychiatry:
Secure your tax-deductible choice today. Once a book or artifact is adopted, it will not be available to others. Adoptions last for five years and include an adoption certificate sent in the mail. Whether making an adoption for yourself, or in honor or memory of someone else, your gift is greatly appreciated.
Donors will be recognized in the APA Foundation's annual donor honor roll in Psychiatric News, the Annual Report, on signage at APA events, on the website and in other communications.
Your Funding Support Impacts:
- Preservation of the collection
- Conservation of works in need of repair
- Digitization of works to increase access and safeguard their future
- Expansion of online materials and resources
- Maintenance and operation of the space
- Acquisition of notable artifacts, documents and rare books important to the history of psychiatry and the APA